Latest News...

We went to see the Star Trek movie this weekend. It was amazing. What was even more amazing was that I (Jessica), had strep throat just 1 week prior and for my time in bed, I was able to catch up on some of the old ST episodes. Jake caught a couple a episodes too. He is hooked and loved the movie, but thinks the theater should find a more cost effective way to run the concession stand.
In other news, the yard is on its way. We found that we have a "rooty" back yard with lots of roots and rocks. I thought I would pick them up, but alass..too many.
We started a small garden with a little bit of everything just to see what might grow. Hopefully something will! We planted some cherry tomatoes, onion, jalapenos, beans, lettuce, cabbage, strawberries, pickles, cucumbers, some other leafy vegetables, and spearmint. It smelled really good and reminded me of the muck fields in Grant, MI where I spent many a summer weeding...flashbacks...anyway :)
This weekend my sis
ter Jennie and I are getting together to have a garage sale. We hope to purge all our unwanted "stuff." As I was going through our things, I came upon an old mandolin from way back when. I have 2 of them. I suppose I can only play 1 at a time, so 1 must go...not that I can play at all. I'd rather sing. We are praying for good weather.
No comments:
Post a Comment