Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Big One


This past weekend was free fishing weekend. Jake & I thought it would be fun to see if we could catch "Walter," you know that giant fish that is missed by those guys in the movie "Grumpy Old Men?" Anyway, we took our polls and went out to Jenison Lake..something. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was nice & quiet. There were a few people out there and the fish seemed to be biting.

We used the bait from Jake's old tackle box. I chose the shiny green minno-looking thing.
I gave her a good ol' whirl and cast my pole into the lake. Jake opted for a red and white bobber with a glittery spider thingy.

Within seconds I felt something tug on my line. I deperately yanked back as to not let him get away. Walter was NOT going to make a fool out of me! I reeled the line as fast as my fingers would allow. I pulled the monster up, took a deep breath and smilled with great accomplishment.



Here is a close up of my great catch:

A bit dramatic? Perhaps. Fun? Yes, very much. ;-O

No comments: