Last week, Jake's mom & I had the pleasure of going on a "shop hop." This is a 1 week adventure where you get to visit quilt shops that are associated w/ the "hop" and recieve special discounts, enter for door prizes, and get lots of freebies. We recieved our passports (which were stamped at each stop) and map to shops located in Comstock Park, Newaygo, Fremont, Hesperia, Montague, Whitehall, Custer, and Big Rapids.
Each store also had a special block that they came up with. After collecting each of the blocks (kits that you quilt at home) you could make a collective quilt out of them. I thought it was a brilliant way to get to know different shops in the area and collecting the blocks was a good way to get people in the store.
My favorite shops included Quilt Something in Fremont, MI and Fabric Scissors in New Era, MI.
Quilt Something has lots of neat kits and fabric. They also had a goody bag filled with coupons for other area businesses. Here is our coupon for free ice cream at the shop next door. MMmmm...
Our special "hoppers only" deal of a kit:
Overall, it was a beautiful day. Mom VB and I enjoyed ourselves; we brought home plenty of projects to keep us busy for a loooooooooong time. :) And...I won 2 gift cerftificates too. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment