Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bluegrass Festival

On Memorial Day weekend, Jake & I had the pleasure of taking a road trip to Kendallville, Indiana. Every year there is a huge bluegrass festival on Memorial Day & Labor Day Weekends. I have been going now for about 5 years. This was Jake's first time.


It was held at the 4-H Fairgrounds; we set up camp on Saturday morning. The people there are the friendliest people you will ever meet. Everyone loves music, whether you go to camp, or see the bands, or join in the various jam sessions going on all hours of the day and night all over the camp ground. It is an awesome time.


The show started on Thursday and went thru Sunday night. When we arrived we were given the festival schedule and a few coupons for things around town if we wanted to head out and explore. The bands this year were fantastic as usual. They came from all over the US including Kentucky, Ohio, Colorado, North Caroliana, & Indiana. They say bluegrass music is the hardest music to play, however you wouldn't have guessed that having watched this weekend. Our favorite band overall, were The Freight Hoppers from North Carolina.

The weather was wonderful and even a little warm at times. Jake and I frequented the ice cream stand several times. We even went to the local DQ for some much needed air conditioning.
We enjoyed the music, the people, the ice-cream, and ourselves. By the end, Jake was so into the music, I couldn't keep him in his seat! We loved watching the little dogs people had. Hmm, I want a little dog...

No comments: