Our latest adventure has been the garden. It was the first year for planting in our backyard. Jake was able to dig the entire back yard so that we could fix the slopes, prepare for a garden, and regrow grass.
After raking this spring, I had my doubts as there are millions of roots throughout the yard, due to large trees surrounding the outskirts of our yard. After a few tears, it was finally time to plant.


Our first head of lettuce.
Since I was a little concerned about the roots, I grabbed a variety of different things just to see what might grow well in our yard. We wanted to try a salsa garden, so we picked up some cherry tomatoes, onion, and peppers. We also planted lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, pickles, cucs, beans, eggplant, strawberries, melon, and watermelon.
We have a bunny that shows up every once in a while, hence the fence. Our lettuce was small, but we knew it might have a chance with some protection.
The rain that fell this season has been great for the garden so far.
This week, Jake and I went out to harvest our first vegetable of the season - Lettuce!
This was so exciting for us.
Our first head of lettuce.
Here is what our garden looks like as of a couple days ago:
Cherry tomatoes
Peppers
Green & Yellow Beans
Brocolli
"And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food." - Gen 2:9
No comments:
Post a Comment